Pathfinder International Procurement Officer Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Pathfinder International (PI) is an international non-profit organization that is dedicated to supporting highquality comprehensive reproductive health services in Kenya.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented and hardworking individual for the position of Procurement Officer based in our Nairobi office.
Reporting to the General Services Manager, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the planning and coordination of the procurement function and ensure the continued supply of timely, high quality and cost competitive products and services.
S/he will be responsible for the complete procurement process including but not limited to development of annual procurement plans, vendor pre-qualification, bids solicitation and analysis, recommendations to procurement committee, vendor evaluation coordination, price negotiation, purchase order preparation and issuance, delivery follow up and service agreements administration; work in close collaboration with others in the annual work planning; deliver procurement strategies and plans, policies and procedures which support program implementation.
The incumbent will provide direction and advice to management and staff on procurement in compliance with PI policies and procedures, procurement legislation and USAID rules and regulations; promote procurement best practices and keep abreast of developments related to procurements; prepare various reports; promote knowledge of procurement including the development, training and sensitization of staff.
- Degree in Procurement, Commerce or Business Administration.
- A recognized professional qualification in Supply Chain Management.
- Membership of a professional procurement body such as KISM/CIPS or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ procurement work experience in a fast-paced environment preferably in an INGO.
- Competence in MS Office. Working knowledge of Serenic Navigator will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with US Government grants and good knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to organize own time and team, manage a variety of tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to professionally handle stressful and difficult situations.
- Impeccable integrity and strong work ethic.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter detailing current and expected salary, names and contacts of three referees preferably supervisors and clearly indicating daytime telephone contacts to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 27th March 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start immediately are encouraged to apply.
Pathfinder International is an equal opportunity employer