Cooperative Bank Jobs career in Kenya 2013
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professional to fill the position of:
HR Relationship Manager
The role holder is responsible for enhancing Business performance through appropriate advice, support and facilitation of robust, integrated people management strategies and processes.
1. Recruitment and placement
- Partner with Manpower Planning to facilitate the implementation of challenging business plans/strategies through effective recruitment and deployment of staff in allocated Divisions with focus on staff optimization as well as review Manpower plans for allocated Divisions and ensure that they are refreshed as appropriate.
- Ensure that targets for allocated Divisions are SMART through sampling at the beginning of the year.
- Ensure quarterly reports reflect Business performance as well as facilitate end of year consistency checks.
- Work with Managers to ensure equity and consistency in relation to employee growth and reward decisions.
- Co-ordinate and at times administer the training and development projects and plans ( activities include training needs assessments and mitigations).
- In liaison with the training school, ensure that Learning and Development is an effective performance and culture intervention tool.
- Agree with Divisional Director annual engagement measures and intervention and follow through action plans with respective SBU heads.
- To play an integral role in business transformation/change programs within HRD, allocated Divisions and the Bank at large.
- Be the primary contact for employee relations issues that may arise within the allocated branches. Work closely with Employees and Managers to resolve such issues.
- Advise the Managers and Employees on the Disciplinary issues and procedures and coordinate and facilitate the handling of employment litigation with the Employee Relations Manager.
- Ensure smooth termination process for employee, resignations and negotiated terminations as per the instructions of the Director -HRD.
- Visit Branches/Departments and agree interventional Human Resource Management (half – yearly and as may be necessary).
- In liaison with Divisional/departmental/Branch/Unit heads, ensure that regular meetings for cascade of information are held.
- Review SBU/Branch meeting minutes for any Human Resource Related issues and resolve/cascade/escalate the same accordingly.
- In liaison with Divisional/departmental/Branch/Unit heads, ensure that leave plans are in place and are adhered to.
- Champion the values of Co-op Bank culture in relationship encounters with staff and in relationship visits to the assigned departments.
The incumbent will be required to possess the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Must have a Degree in Human resources or a social science
- Masters degree in Human resources will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of IHRM
- Must have a minimum of five years working experience in a similar position.
- Must be a computer literate
- 35 years or below
- Must be willing to visit branches country wide.
- Excellent presentation, training and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of employment law as it pertains to Employment Act and CBA laws and regulations.
- Good presentation skills & excellent communications skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: HR-RM/1/2013.
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100