Accountant job Career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
A small organisation based in Nairobi is looking for suitably qualified applicants to fill the position of Accountant.
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience in MS Excel and MS Word
Roles and responsibilities
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting
- Compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to the business.
- Verifies, allocates and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs and computer printouts
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records
- Ensure all accounts are bought up to P&L level at the end of each month and submitted to the Directors in a timely manner.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Other duties as necessary
Email CVs to email@example.com
Closing date: 31st March 2013