Give Us Wings (GUWUSA) Jobs in Kokoth Kataa, Rachuonyo, Kenya 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Coordination and Development
- Understand and implement all programs and projects in accordance with the Give Us Wings’ mission and development model.
- Work collaboratively with Nyaoga staff and Give Us Wings’ constituencies to:
- Help staff facilitate group discussions with CBOs/self-help groups that promote a collaborative approach to problem solving and idea generation.
- Meet and consult regularly with members of the CBOs with which we work in order to maintain and strengthen GUW’s grassroots model of development.
- Work with local staff to monitor, manage and assess projects and programs as they are implemented and ensure that they are in compliance with the stated goals of the project or program plan.
- Oversee current projects and programs, including but not limited to, health programs, adult education programs, sponsorship program, community development, and a water reservoir/water user’s association.
- Network and form partnerships in Kenya with like-minded organizations and government offices that share our vision for development work.
- Lead trainings for the Nyaoga Community Development Board and other local CBOs in basic administration and development skills.
- Assist in the development and implementation of program budgets.
- Assist the GUW Program Director in preparing quarterly funding requests in accordance with the established guidelines and schedules.
- Ensure the established budget for each GUW institution or project is being maintained and money is used responsibly and for the matter it was intended for.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of all financial reports.
- Maintain accurate balance sheets for all programs.
- Ensure receipts for all expenses are collected and correspond with balance sheets.
- Supervise and ensure all human resources policies are implemented in Nyaoga programs.
- Work with Give Us Wings Kenya Board of Directors to supervise, maintain, operate and evaluate Give Us Wings projects in their respective countries.
- To deliver detailed monthly reports to the African Programme Director of all activities of our self-help groups, dispensary, small academy, computer lab, water project and any other relevant activities
- Research possible income generating activities in villages in Kenya and Uganda.
- Work with the GUW Executive Director to prepare requests and reports for funders and donors.
- Assist in coordinating individual and group volunteer trips.
- Seek out and apply for program funding from donors and grantors located in Africa.
- Experience living and working in rural Nyanza preferred.
- Proficiency in English, Kiswahili, and Dholuo required.
- Previous experience in grassroots community organizing.
- Previous experience in development, project management, and advocacy work.
- Previous experience in basic accounting/bookkeeping.
- Must possess strong administrative skills.
- Previous experience in water projects/programmes in Kenya a plus.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must demonstrate integrity, respect for grassroots leaders from diverse communities affected by extreme poverty.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong written communications skills, initiative, and ability to prepare clear plans and reports on financial and program activities.
- Cover Letter;
- CV/resume which should include the full contact details of three professional references;
- A typed writing sample not to exceed one page.
For more information visit www.giveuswings.org for more details on the organization.