Construction Supervisor / Foreman Job career in Kenya 2013
3 months or 6 months renewable contract
Our client runs a Luxurious serviced modern apartments offering contemporary home-away-from-home living, and are looking for an Construction Supervisor / Foreman to join part of the expanding and dynamic team.
The construction supervisor/ foreman will be responsible for the entirety of a construction project, from start to finish, including budget, personnel, quality and customer service aspects.
- Diploma/Degree in Building and Construction/ or Relevant course
- Minimum Three Years experience a must with past project related record and references/referee
- Developing programme of work and strategy for making the project work
- Trouble shooting skills-
- Oversee running of the project
- Schedule project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Records keeping on stocks, re-order levels for replenishment of materials.
- Procurement skills in sourcing for materials i.e interior/exterior refurbishments and follow up to ensure desired levels of quality finish
- Inspect and review project to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations
- Using constructions management software packages to plan smooth work flows (Gantt Chart) or any other relevant package
- Sourcing for competitive quotations
- Oversee repairs and maintenance
- Plan, direct , coordinate and Budget
- Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization scheduling and implementation
- Making safety inspections of site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health and safety and environment are adhered to
- High integrity, team player, leadership, meeting of deadlines, and interpersonal skills a must