Safepak Limited Quality Lab Assistant Jobs career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Company Name: Safepak Limited
Position Title: Quality Lab Assistant
Position Type: Full time
Reports to: Quality Lab Manager
Department: Quality Assurance
- Ensure adherence of specifications and quality procedures at all stages are followed in the production process
General Responsibilities / Duties
- Perform consistency test (Dimensions, wall thickness, section weights, top load etc) on critical products
- Perform consistency test (Dimensions, closing torques) on our injection products and maintain test record.
- Perform consistency test (Dimensions, wall thickness, AA, eccentricity, polarized light, weights etc) on our preform range of products and maintain test record as per customers and internal specifications.
- Collect quality data (wall thickness, section weights, top load, dimensions etc.) of all products Safepak produces and keep data in soft copy. Trials included
- Liaise with QM in maintaining a database of trials, experiments and other Quality records in soft copy.
- Approve daily the process control data on the shop floor
- Maintain a statistical process control SPC monitoring critical process control parameters.(MC humidity,Temps,chiller drier temps,
- Evaluate critical test on spreadsheets for consistency
- Assist in maintaining Quality traceability reports of all machines
- Preform machines
- PET bottles machine
- Injection, machines
- Laboratory house keeping
- Participate actively in audit preparations
- Prepare box packaging tags and approvals
- Conduct internal training, sensitization and evaluation on effectiveness of training on all the packers on quality and safety related issues.
- Participate actively in any technical committees & meetings
- Enforce IMS (ISO 9001;2008,ISO 22000 & ISO 14001:2004)systems procedures on area of work & and assist in enforcing GMP in the production floor
- Perform consistency test (Dimensions, wall thickness, eccentricity, polarized light, weights etc.) on our preform range of products and maintain test records as per our sampling plan & clients specs
- Perform AA analysis on preforms and update Certificates of analysis
- Prepare laboratory standard operating procedures
- Any other duty as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Should posses a degree in Bsc Analytical Chemistry/Bio Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry.
- Should have 1-2 years work experience in the lab and/or quality in the food/manufacturing industry.
- She should be aged between 26 years and above.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple priorities and time frames.
- Capacity to give a fast determination with any decision making situation.
- Analytic problem solving and effective decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.