Partners Poland Foundation Science Education Expert Jobs career in Mathare Slum, Nairobi Kenya 2013
Partners Poland Foundation has been working in Kenya since 2009.
- Support of the schools’ infrastructure: renovations and repairs in institutions delivering education to children living in the slums and rural areas to provide them with an environment conducive to learning.
- Increase of teacher’s qualifications in the field of active methods of science teaching.
- Enabling young people from the slums to pursue education on secondary level: scholarship programme for primary schools graduates.
We are actively seeking a Science Education Expert who will design and coordinate the development of innovative didactic materials for delivery of the science curriculum adjusted to the specific needs of primary schools located in the informal settlements.
Key Responsibilities of Science Education Expert
- Design the content of the comprehensive primary science handbook in line with project objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee the work of authors and work groups involved in development of the science didactic materials.
- Give recommendations and professional advice to all stakeholders involved in development of primary science handbook.
- To review the content of the publication to ensure that it is in line with the Kenyan primary science curriculum and high academic standards.
- Participate in regular meetings of all stakeholders involved in creation of didactic materials.
- Submitting regular progress reports to the Project Manager
- Master’s degree in the field of science or science education obtained from a recognised university.
- Experience in creating science didactic materials at the primary school level.
- Proven record of managing and supervising educational projects, especially projects involving development of didactic materials.
- Experience in working in high-poverty context, familiarity with Mathare slum will be an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- IT literacy, including proficiency in MS Office and Internet use.
- Excellent organisational and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Self motivation and enthusiasm.
- High degree of personal integrity and strength of character.
- Consultancy period: 15th April 2012 – 30th November 2012, with the possibility of future involvement.
- Expected level of involvement – approximately 10 working days within a month.
- Fee is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Applicants are required to send the following documents:
- A letter outlining reasons for applying and ability to fulfil the objectives of the post as described in the job description.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Three references.