Life Business – Underwriting Assistant Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Reporting to: Manager – Life Business.
Job Summary: To provide technical support and enhance Super Service Delivery by effecting insurance covers and producing quality, timely, relevant and accurate insurance documents to all our internal and external customers.
Underwriting Assistant – Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all applications for insurance – determine the profiles of risks presented to the company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise.
- Review all reports from various service providers relating to proposals for insurance.
- Review proposals for insurance and adjust benefits where necessary by reviewing previous files, worksheets, etc.
- Ensure all related activities to underwriting are properly coordinated and enforced
- Preparation of policy documents
- Participate in sales initiatives.
- Ensure timely preparation and dispatch of policy documents.
- Liaising with intermediaries for business support.
- Processing of credits and refunds.
- Receiving and attending to enquiries from direct clients, brokers and agents
- Knowledge, skills and Abilities
- Computer skills.
- Good communication Skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Insurance knowledge in underwriting procedures.
- University degree or an equivalent from a recognized institution.
- 4 years experience in a busy life claims department.
- Insurance Professional qualification (ACII, AIIK).