One Acre Fund Communications Assistant Jobs career in Bungoma, Kenya 2013
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture / Microfinance
Function: Communications Assistant
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Bungoma, Western
Long Term Career Position
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve over 100,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff in Kenya.
We are seeking a communications assistant to work as a part of the OAF communications team on producing all types of OAF media.
This role would report to the OAF communications associate and work closely with her to produce written and visual communication pieces.
This position requires strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong inter-personal skills and a willingness to learn a variety of story-telling techniques.
Photography experience would be a benefit, but is not required, although an interest in learning photography is.
The successful candidate will be a clear and confident communicator, capable of interviewing individuals and groups on a wide array of topics.
The role also requires excellent time-keeping and organizational skills, as meeting and field visit logistics will be an important feature.
Last, the role will involve regular trips to all districts in Western, and this will require autonomy and structured work planning.
- Support communications team members on projects
- Build relationships with farmers and field staff to create a source network
- Coordinate field visits for self and/or communications team members
- Translation during multilingual interviews
- Content creation brainstorming
- Photographic documentation of seasonal field activities
- Regular visits to the field and interviews of farmers to find stories
If you have skills and experience in these areas please highlight them in your application.
We are seeking motivated employees with a minimum two years of work experience, and an eagerness to learn new skills.
S/he will demonstrate a long-term passion for agriculture in Western and will be familiar with the challenges faced by smallholder farmers.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are organized and proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Diploma or certificate from a recognized academic institution
- KCSE (minimum C)
- Computer skills in email, internet, and Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Team player with ability to learn quickly and grow professionally
- Proven ability to manage local level relationships
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by Friday 30th March 2013.
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: NSSF and NHIF, airtime and small transportation allowances
Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your cover letter and resume only to email@example.com (Subject line: Communications Assistant + the place you heard of the position) and include salary expectations.
Applicants who do not comply with this requirement will not be considered.