IRC Laboratory Technologist Job in Hagadera Kenya 2013
Based in Hagadera, the laboratory technologist will actively contribute in the improvement of quality of care by ensuring quality laboratory services are delivered to the beneficiaries.
- Perform Laboratory investigations as per clinician’s request and ensure accurate, reliable and timely results.
- Maintain order and smooth flow of patients.
- Supervise the Kenyan and refugee incentive staff.
- Participate in in-service training and regular on bench refresher courses for Kenyan and refugee staff.
- Ensure that all relevant records are updated and maintained.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of laboratory reagents.
- Maintain Laboratory machines in good order- cleaning and covering after use.
- Ensure general laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
- Report any unusual statistics or observations to the laboratory in-charge.
- Ensure SOP’S are used at all times.
- Ensuring safety procedures in the laboratory are maintained.
- Preparing of stains, reagents and solutions necessary for all lab tests.
- Participate in the department planning and forecasting of laboratory supplies.
- Supervise laboratory incentive staff in collaboration with the senior lab technologist to ensure work is done properly.
- Counter check all work done by incentive staff.
- In collaboration with the field HR, ensure adherence to HR policies to all incentive staff,
- Ensure laboratory tests are performed accurately and timely
- Ensure revised SOP’s are used in all testing procedures.
- Ensure proper collection, packaging and transportation of laboratory samples to Nairobi hospital and/or other outsourced centre.
- Supervise the storage of laboratory reagents and cold chain system to avoid compromised reagents that may lead to false reporting.
- Ensure all laboratory reports are done on time and sent to HIS, CSM and other offices as may be indicated.
- Notify your supervisor and CSM on all investigations above the positive threshold.
- Report any laboratory incidents to the senior lab technologist.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by your supervisor
- Quality of lab services- reliable and timely.
- Cleaning and orderliness of the work place
- FIFO and FEFO application in stock management
- Training of lab assistants course and other CME
- Timely reporting.
- Diploma in medical laboratory sciences.
- MUST be registered by KMLTTB.
- 2 years experience in clinical laboratories.
- Experience working with non profitable organization
- Flexibility at work.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Team player
Apply online at www.rescue.org/careers
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.