International Rescue Committee (IRC) Jobs career in Hagadera Kenya 2013
Based in Hagadera, the hospital nurse will provide holistic nursing services to both inpatient and out patients within the hospital.
The Hospital Nurse is directly responsible to the Hospital Matron and will carry out the following duties:
- The clinical nurse shall work in specific ward/clinic assigned to and would therefore work as both supervisor and team leader of the refugee staff.
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor/CO on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living while in the ward.
- Arrange and submit weekly ward work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities for each refugee staff.
- Convene ward meeting and attend monthly hospital meetings.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Do hospital coverage and on-call as required.
- Participate in camp health surveys/campaigns.
- Compile and submit quarterly inventory return/requisition of all drugs and supplies.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases and charting.
- Give health education to patients and clients
- Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Report any significant changes in operations to the hospital matron.
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Registered Nurse from KMTC or recognized nurse training institution
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Sensitive to different cultures
- Team player
Apply online at www.rescue.org/careers
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.