FHI 360 Jobs career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology–creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We seek qualified candidates for the following position based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Associate Director, Technical – Laboratory Strengthening
Location: FHI 360 Kenya Country Office
Requisition ID: FHI360-ADTLS-061
The Associate Director, Technical is primarily responsible for providing technical assistance, laboratory strengthening and quality assurance/quality control materials and programs to support laboratory activities.
The Associate Director, Technical will also be responsible for providing training on laboratory quality, conduct laboratory assessments and audits.
This position will work closely with the Project Director, and other members of the Project Team.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the laboratory activities under the supervision of the Project Director.
- Leads the development of technical assistance, laboratory strengthening and quality assurance/quality control of the activities in related countries.
- Responsible for the planning, conducting, and reporting of assessments, audits, and accreditation-ready inspections of laboratory activities in related countries.
- In close collaboration with laboratory management lead the follow-up of needed corrective and preventive actions following audits.
- Responsible for developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives upon request to build laboratory capacity and quality with reference to accepted standards and requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to laboratory activities as part of overall capacity building and continuous improvement schemes.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of laboratory trainings and training-related services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA with 9-11 years relevant experience including 3-5 years of supervisory experience; MS/MA in public health or related field with 7-9 years relevant experience that includes 3-5 years of supervisory with overseas field experience or PhD/MD strongly preferred in biological or laboratory sciences within a clinical or diagnostic discipline or specialty.
- 8+ years in a senior laboratory management position required as well as experience in laboratory quality assurance, quality control or technical assistance, and international development programs.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills including experience in training and mentoring staff and others.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter where a detailed Job description will be availed.
Alternatively you can apply via email to: Kenya-HR@fhi360.org
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than March 29, 2013.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Offers are contingent upon receipt of award and funder key personnel approval.