Aga Khan Foundation Regional Programme Manager Jobs career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa)
Regional Programme Manager
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is part of the broader Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of development agencies that work primarily in the poorest parts of Asia and Africa with mandates that include the environment, health, education, architecture, culture, microfinance, rural development, disaster reduction, the promotion of private-sector enterprise and the revitalisation of historic cities.
AKDN agencies conduct their programmes without regard to the faith, origin or gender.
AKF (East Africa) works in collaboration with partners to develop and promote innovative solutions that contribute to improving the quality of life in East Africa. Focusing on the Swahili Coast of Kenya and Tanzania, as well as Central and Northern Uganda
AKF responds to local and regional priorities by developing effective programming, measuring and documenting results, and sharing its lessons with governments, donors, and development actors to influence policy and practice.
The Regional Programme Manager for AKF in East Africa will be based in Nairobi and will report directly to the Regional Chief Executive Officer.
This position is part of AKF’s core senior management team and would provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to shape the Foundation’s direction throughout East Africa.
The Regional Programme Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing, tracking, and evaluating AKF programmes throughout East Africa.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the implementation of current programming and contribute to the development of new initiatives that contribute to national and regional priorities, and are in line with the broader AKF EA strategy;
- Provide direction and coordination to a team of program and project managers;
- Lead long-term and annual planning, and systematically track program progress;
- Implement a robust learning system that monitors program results, suggests improvements, and informs broader policies;
- Work with the Policy and Partnership Manager to develop policy papers that capture AKF’s experiences and influence regional best practices;
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in international development in a management role
- Minimum Masters degree in social sciences or relevant experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills at a senior level
- Experience in developing new programming, ideally across multiple sectors
- Experience in developing and implementing quality control and learning systems for complex development programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working across geographical and organisation boundaries, across cultures & diverse development stakeholders.
- Experience of working in East Africa and knowledge of local cultures
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional referees by 31st March, 2013, to the Regional Human Resource Manager, Aga Khan Foundation, East Africa, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org).