I-TECH Jobs career in Kenya 2013
With support from the International Training & Education Center on health (I-TECH) U.S.-based Headquarters, and under the supervision of the Finance Director, the Finance Manager provides leadership and oversight for fiscal operations and ensures compliance with relevant rules and regulations of the Kenyan government, United States Government including CDC-GAP, DOD and HRSA, and the University of Washington.
Financial System Maintenance
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and that all procedures and controls are implemented.
- Manage I-TECH Kenya’s QuickBooks accounting and reporting systems.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly accounted for in Quickbooks Accounting System.
- Management of the General Ledger in Quickbooks Accounting Systems
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial data in the Quickbooks accounting System
- Prepare the monthly financial accounting reports at the end of each month, and submit them to Finance Director by the first week of the following month.
- Prepare monthly management reports at the end of each month.
- Provide any other financial information, as requested, and respond to any other financial queries
Bank and Cash Management
- Manage bank accounts, and the transfer of money between head-office, country office and field offices.
- Perform Bank reconciliations
- Monitor cash flow and cash projections and ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank.
- Carry out Surprise Petty Cash Counts
- Vet all payments for vendors and staff
- Assist the Director of Finance in the preparation and review of all annual budgets and projections.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the collation of budgets and budget forecast from budget managers.
- Liaise regularly with budget holders on budget monitoring
- Prepare Organization Payroll on a monthly basis
- Ensure all payroll statutory deductions are remitted on time to the relevant authorities
- Prepare and Submit Monthly, Quarterly and Annual statutory returns to relevant to all relevant authorities
- Prepare, file and send out monthly timesheets to all staff members.
- Maintain an up to date timesheet file for all staff members
- Ensure timely submission of payroll cheques to the bank
- First degree in Business related Studies or equivalent
- Must have completed CPA or ACCA or CIMA
- Ability to travel internationally for a few weeks each year.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar finance team in an NGO.
- High level knowledge of and efficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Pro is an added advantage
- Proven knowledge of budgeting, accounting and cash control processes required.
- Strong communication skills in English. Ability to communicate financial and accounting information to I-TECH management in Kenya and the United States.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, politically and legally complex environment where priorities may change frequently.
Interested candidates should send in their applications to I-TECH Kenya, P.o Box 2614-00202 Nairobi.
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications should be received by Wednesday 20th March 2013.