Engineering Firm Quantity Surveyor, and Contracts Manager Jobs in Kenya 2013
A local ‘Class A’ Building and Civil Engineering Construction Firm wishes to recruit a;
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
To manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects from initial calculations to the final figures.
- A Bachelors degree in Building Economics (minimum requirement)or equivalent from a recognized university with a broad based background in construction.
- Proven record of at least 4 years experience in a reputable busy firm.
- Certifications in Arch card and Auto card.
- Must be a registered BORAQS (K) member.
- Strong familiarity with Quantity surveying management software, such as Win Qs
- A mature individual with high level of discretion and unquestionable integrity.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Preparation of budget/preliminary cost estimate from preliminary drawings with view of establishing cost limit.
- Cost check during detailed design to ensure budget conforms to design.
- Taking measurements on site and from detailed drawings and preparing bills of quantities.
- Pricing bills of quantities.
- Cost control during implementation by costing change orders (variations) and advising on financial implications.
- Preparation of periodic/interim valuations of work done for issuance of certificate of payment.
- Advising on the cost implications of design alternatives if considered
- Participating in tender action for the project.
- Preparation of tender analysis and evaluation reports for the project.
- Preparation of cash-flow projections (on the basis of the chosen tender and its construction program) to advice on the firm pattern of financial commitment throughout the project.
- Re-measure all provisional works as they are executed.
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their qualifications, experience, expected remuneration and an updated CV with contact details of three professional referees.
Job Title: Contracts Manager
To coordinate and ensure the successful implementation of all building and construction works and any other related activities being implemented by the Company.
- Masters degree preferably in Project Management or M.A in Construction Management.
- Must possess a degree in Civil Engineering or Building and Construction or other relevant field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 10 years experience with regard to designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development works in building and construction.
- Possess wide experience in construction and contracts management with minimum 5 years experience as a manager in a senior leadership position.
- Ability to handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational demands.
- Must be able to keep abreast of all new construction industry and practices
- Proven public relations and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge and application of auto/arch CAD will be an added advantage
- To supervise and provide technical inputs to all aspects of construction works on sites
- Provide leadership and capacity building for the technical team
- Maintain and ensure good working relations with all stakeholders
- Ensure proper civil engineering, contracting and construction guidelines are followed by all stakeholders
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their qualifications, experience, expected remuneration and an updated CV with contact details of three professional referees.
Kindly indicate the position applied for as the subject heading.
Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 20th March, 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.