Concern Worldwide Job career in Kenya 2013
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Job Title: Data Analyst – Readvertized
Location: Nairobi with Travel to Programme Areas
Contract Details: 1 Year with Possible Extension for 2 More Years
Reports To: Project Coordinator-Urban Surveillance
To support partner organizations to analyze and interpret the data from their project area and thus build partner capacity in this area and to collate and holistically analyze each round of data collection across all sites in the Indicator Development for Surveillance of Urban Emergencies (IDSUE) project.
- Masters’ degree or PhD in relevant field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics)
- Working knowledge in SPSS, Stata, SAS, EPIINFO, ENA Softwares
- Experience with design, management and analysis of large-scale datasets
- Experience training others on data analysis and management
- Experience in analysis of stratified cluster samples and time series data analysis
- Experience in developing articles for publication
- Experience working in an urban slum environment and working with government partners
- Experience in designing and implementing evaluations and operational research, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience in early warning/surveillance
- Experience of digital data gathering technology and software
- Proven competency in ethical principles of research, statistical analysis and complex survey design and analysis
A detailed ToR for this position may be obtained by sending an email to the following address:
concern. kenyavacancies@concern. net
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by sending a CV and a covering letter with subject as ‘Data Analyst’ addressed to:-
The Human Resource Manager,
P.O Box 13850-00800,
Nairobi to the following email:- email@example.com
Each application should include three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone and email contacts must be submitted with the application.
The closing date for application is 24th March 2013.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.