Altima Africa Legal And Compliance Officer Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Legal and Compliance Officer
Reference LCO _2013
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Our Client, a leading services provider in the Kenya Capital Markets seeks to recruit a Legal and Compliance Officer responsible for providing legal, regulatory and research expertise in the continuous development and review of the rules and regulations of the firm; monitoring compliance with all relevant laws, rules and regulations and providing company secretarial services.
The Legal and Compliance Officer will report to the Chief Executive.
- Bachelors degree in Law
- Masters degree in Law or Business related field will be an added advantage
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS)
- At least five years relevant work experience
- Experience in company secretarial work
Job Specification- Legal and Compliance Officer
- Monitor compliance by the firm with the regulatory requirements prescribed by theAuthority
- Monitor compliance by the firm with the Central Depositories Act, and rules and regulations made pursuant thereto
- Monitor compliance by the firm with all the firm operational and procedures manuals
- Monitor compliance by Agents with requirements under the firm’s rules and regulations
- Assist in preparing the firm’s internal policies and review the same for compliance with relevant laws
- Prepare and submit to the Board periodic compliance reports including any reports on material breaches of the regulatory requirements
- Participate in settlement and arbitration of disputes to ensure compliance with capital market requirements
- Assist the firm Board and Management in the interpretation of Capital Markets Laws, Regulations, Rules and Guidelines
- Coordinate external legal counsel hired by the firm to provide legal services
- Provide internal legal support for the firm’s projects and departments
- Participating in negotiation, reviewing and/or drafting of contracts and agreements to be entered into by the firm or relating to the firm’s operations
- Maintain up to date records of all the firm legal information and data and ensure safekeeping of legal documents and contracts
- Provide legal advice and research on matters concerning the firm and the Capital Markets
- Perform all company secretarial duties for the firm including taking minutes at meetings and filing of appropriate returns.
- Prepare and submit periodic corporate governance reports to the board
- Ensure compliance with all obligations under the Companies Act and the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Adept at drafting and reviewing legal documents
- Knowledge of Rules and regulations of the firm, NSE and CMA, and working knowledge of the mechanics of the Kenyan capital market
- Training/Skills- Continuous capital market regulation and development training
- Positive attitude and drive for results
- Professionalism, interest in evolving trends with evidenced pursuit of professional education programmes
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, and ability to mediate and facilitate dispute resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters
How to Apply
- If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 19th March 2013.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.