Final Evaluation NRM Specialist, Natural Resource Management and Biodiversity Conservation Program, Kenya 2013
Company Profile: MSI is a Washington, D.C.-based international development firm providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. Since its 1981 founding, MSI has grown in size and technical scope, now implementing and managing more than 70 projects worldwide.
**This is a local position. Only Kenyan Nationals are eligible to apply.**
- How has the project performed in terms of achieving projected results and impact, and how effective is the M&E system in measuring them?
- Has the project interventions resulted into improved conditions and diversity of natural resources in the rangelands, forests, and river systems and how can this be scaled up to a wider landscape level?
- What factors beyond the control of LWF played a significant role in affecting, positively or negatively, the underlying challenges the project sought to address, and what was done to adjust the project design to those factors?
- A Master’s Degree in monitoring and evaluation, research methodology, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programs in Africa, with extensive evaluation experience.
- Experience working on USAID economic growth evaluations relating to natural resource management and development projects.
- Strong background in social and cultural issues affecting rural development, including gender.
- In depth understanding of natural resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- Demonstrated written communications skills, especially in drafting evaluations, assessments and reports, required.
- Familiarity with USAID Forward quality evaluation standards and requirements.
- Must be willing to travel to remote areas of Kenya.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com.