BBC Media Jobs career in Kenya 2013
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries.
To achieve this, BBC Media Action partners with civil society, local media and governments to:
- Produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development and humanitarian issues.
- Strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
Our aim is to inform, connect and empower people around the world and our work is built on insights from our research and engagement with communities.
For this reason we seek to recruit an experienced professional to fill the role of:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation and to be part of a dynamic global team of researchers.
The Research Officer will contribute to the design, implementation, reporting and dissemination of high quality research, which will be used to inform and evaluate project and programme activities.
S/he will play a key role in ensuring that both quantitative and qualitative research is conducted and analysed to the highest standard and that strict codes of ethics are adhered to.
Candidates must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in the social sciences, preferably in development studies, project/ business management, mass-communication or other relevant educational background.
- 3 years experience in a robust research environment within an INGO, a research organisation or a media/commercial enterprise.
- Strong quantitative research and analysis skills, including cleaning and manipulating large data sets, data processing and analysis.
- Strong statistical techniques including regression and factor analysis using SPSS.
- Good understanding of qualitative research and data analysis, ensuring that the interpretation of data supports programme/project design.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 22nd March 2013
Candidates must be Kenyan citizens. Candidates who meet the specifications should submit a covering letter and CV in one document to email@example.com with the job title clearly stated in the subject line.
Please note that applications which do not include both the covering letter and CV in one document will not be considered.