Servers & Storage Senior Systems Engineer Jobs career in Kenya 2013
A leading provider of integrated business & technology solutions across Africa in the Financial, Telecom, Real Estate, Service Industries & Government, is looking to fill the position of Senior Systems Engineer – Servers & Storage
This role will report directly to the Practice Lead - Data Centre Solutions.
Job Purpose / Summary
The Senior Systems Engineer-Server & Storage will help develop business objectives & determine the data centre practice’s operational vision in line with the company strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the implementation team in project implementation & deployment, which may include overseeing elements of the project or team when assigned.
- May be called on to take over supervision of implementation tasks assigned & working to ensure proper implementation & troubleshooting if necessary.
- Supervising the implementations of Proof of Concepts (POC) in consultation with the team.
- Technical consultancy & recommendations.
- Working on assigned tenders and/or proposals, providing pre-sales support including assisting in solutions design, preparation of Bills of Materials, preparation of client presentations &assisting in client site surveys.
- Induction & mentorship of trainees as well as delegated supervisory duties for any student on professional attachment, assigned to the project by the supervisor.
- Assisting in providing post-sales support after project implementation, including management of any support contracts assigned in consultation with the team leader & other senior engineers on the project.
- Working with the internal support team on any requirements for equipment or systems that need specialization, including implementation &training.
- End user support for contractual customers.
- Troubleshooting customer faults to achieve fault resolution for escalating incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-6 years’ experience in servers & storage technologies especially Sun/Oracle.
- Solaris systems administration skills.
- Knowledge of servers & storage technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments.
- Linux/Unix skills.
- Cisco Unified Computing Systems experience is an added advantage.
- Project Management experience and certification will be an added advantage.
- Technical sales experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of High Availability &Business Continuity Technologies will be an added advantage.
- System administrator for Solaris 10
- Solaris network administration for Solaris 10
- VERITAS netback up specializations
- Oracle SPARC servers specializations
- Oracle Exadata certification will be an added advantage
- Sun Cluster 3.x administration certification will be an added advantage.
- Oracle specialization certifications will be added advantage i.e. Oracle Linux Presales speciality, Oracle Sun Flash Presales speciality, Oracle Sun storage 6000 Array Presales speciality&Oracle Pillar Axiom 600 Presales speciality
- VERITAS Storage Foundation 6.0 Presales expert will be an added advantage
- VMware Certifications will be an added advantage
- EMC Storage certifications will be an added advantage
- Strong planning & organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor, lead projects & make effective decisions
- Ability to work in a highly driven environment
- Result oriented
- Innovative thinker
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15th March 2013.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.