Production Support Engineer Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Production Support Engineer
Role & Responsibilities
Infrastructure monitoring , Backup monitoring , Windows Patching
Monitor systems and perform health checks as per pre-defined timelines to ensure that systems are up and running
Monitoring Alerts and taking appropriate steps laid down for a specific alert
First Level Trouble shooting on batch job failures
SOP based resolution
Experienced in Production Server Environment.
Problem determination and resolution on a 24×7 basis.
Telephonic and Email based User Support.
Required Candidate Profile
- Strong customer service orientation
- Self Starter
- Strong problem analysis, resolution, and writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong keyboard skills
- Ability to perform in adverse situations
- Willing to work in 24 x 7 environment
Technical Skills Required
Key skills required: (in the order of priority)
- Working with HP OV / MS SCOM / IBM Tivoli Monitoring Tools
- Basic Unix & Windows administration
- Knowledge on Batch Tools (Tivoli Work Load Scheduler / Autosys / Control M)
- Knowledge on Backup Tools (Netbackup / Backup Exec / TSM)
Specific Domain/Technical/Functional skills
- Infrastructure, Batch and Backup monitoring
- Windows / Unix administration – Level 1
- Should have used a monitoring framework (HP OV / IBM Tivoli )
- Trouble shooting skills in Backup & Monitoring tools environment
- Should be knowledgeable on Media handling procedures
- Meeting SLA in time to fix the errors and problems.
- Incident management
- Log monitoring/maintenance
- Vendor Coordination
- Knowledge on ITIL Process
Deadline for sending CV is 15th March 2013.
Interested people should sent email with subject reading tittle of the job to firstname.lastname@example.org