KHRC Editorial Assistant Jobs career in Kenya 2013
To provide editorial and administrative support to the Media & Communication functions to ensure publications are produced in good quality and in a timely fashion.
The successful candidate will work with the Communications Officer and contracted service providers in art, design, and production to keep publications on track.
Fixed term contract of 3 months with a probation period of 1 month.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Media & Communications Officer, the post holder will:-
- Interact with line programme officers to ensure the publications are on schedule for
- Assist in coordinating various publications and IEC materials through internal and
- external processes (e.g. graphic design/layout and quality control).
- Copy edit and proofread draft publications and fact check to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure the look and feel of publications adhere to the KHRC house style.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To be successful in this role the post holder will have the following:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English or Journalism (preferred)
- Experience in copy-editing and proofreading.
- Knowledge of artwork presentation (ability to discuss composition, design, etc.) required
- Knowledge of human rights writing is an added advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required and familiarity with InDesign is an
- added advantage
- Strong writing skills; especially good grammar and spelling skills Copyediting and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Must have the ability to organize.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines, work well under time constraints and handle multiple project elements simultaneously.
How to apply
If you believe you fit the profile, submit your application and CV detailing your suitability for the post and including daytime telephone contact and three referees, preferably your current or previous line managers to email@example.com quoting the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for this position is on 22nd March 2013.
KHRC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and will recruit the most qualified person irrespective of race, marital status, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted