Internal Auditor Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Our client a reputable company in the Service Industry in Nairobi seeks to recruit highly qualified and experienced individuals for the position of Internal Auditor.
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for the efficient management and operation of controls and internal management systems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting risk assessment, preparing internal control time plans and designing the audit test procedures.
- Carrying out risk based Internal Control reviews.
- Reviewing the financial reports and accounting practices to evaluate the reliability of management and financial reporting.
- Carrying out periodic spot checks on processes and records for selected high risk operating functions
- Coordinating the documentation and revision of standard operating procedures with key emphasis on the adequacy of controls. Testing for compliance with the procedures
- Facilitating Internal control review meetings and ensuring actions from internal control reports are drawn and agreed with the action holders
- Preparing and submitting management reports on Internal Control reviews with recommendations for corrective action to the Managing Director within the required time frame.
- Conducting follow-up reviews, ensuring actions are implemented correctly on a timely basis and maintaining the Key Issue Tracker file on progress of resolution of identified control gaps
- Liaises with external auditors on operating, financial and on risk management practices
- Communicates results of internal audit to stakeholders
- Assists in the implementation of recommendations from internal audit
- Conducts Investigations on irregularities, drawing up and overseeing implementation of measures to prevent recurrence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business management from a recognized university
- CPA(K), Member of ICPAK
- At least five years management experience in a hotel or service industry.
- Knowledge of computer audit packages will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and a good working knowledge of accounting packages and financial systems.
- CISA of CIA qualification is an added advantage
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to pay attention to deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of the roles and functions of the internal audit department
- Good personal Judgment, initiative, creativity and maturity
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism
Corporate Staffing Services
3rd Floor, Nabui House, Unga Lane Westlands
(Next To Unga House) Nairobi.