Creative Designer Jobs career in Kenya 2013
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, supported by MasterCard Foundation, is established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the position Successful candidate will be based at CAP offices in Westland’s with occasional travel to the field to collect information.
He/she will be tasked to develop content for website, develop newsletters, develop articles prepare presentations.
- Using the written word to express ideas or tell a story.
- Process and Documentation Management.
- Create content using various multimedia formats that can be read, listened to, or viewed onscreen.
- Develop original content for short stories and case studies.
- Write content for magazines, journals, newsletters, and blogs.
- Develop scripted material for the Web and other communication devices.
- Fostering the creation of local factsheets.
- Sourcing relevant local content.
- Write outlines and rough drafts.
- Appropriately source and cite resources.
- Edit content for correct spelling and grammar.
- Highly innovative and a strong communicator.
- Organized and analytical, and understand how to use computer programs related to their work, such as Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills. 6. Dynamism, creativity and flexibility.
- Strong computer skills in CorelDraw, PageMaker, Photoshop, publisher and other DTP software.
- Must have experience developing electronic newsletter, progress reports, process documentation, web site content development, brochures and case studies.
- Past NGO experience is desirable.
- Must possess the right skills, knowledge and attitude.
- Strong portfolio of artwork.
- Young person aged 25 to 30 years of age.
- Degree in journalism, communications, Public Relations or closely related field.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while ensuring that project deliverables are on track according to the organization’s identified needs.
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th March 2013.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.