Food for the Hungry Nursing Officer Jobs career in Isiolo Kenya 2013
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Duty station: Isiolo
Reports to: Project coordinator
No. of positions: One
Application closing date: 25th March 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess patients and clients and establish health care needs daily and as necessary.
- Plan health care interventions daily and as necessary, and implement.
- Diagnose simple common health conditions, prescribe, and administer treatment.
- Provide appropriate healthcare service; e.g. immunization, PMTCT, ante-natal care, administration of treatment, dispensing drugs, etc.
- Provide health education and counseling to patients and clients on identified health problems and socio-economic issues related to their health.
- Refer patients and clients appropriately.
- Evaluate healthcare outcomes to patients/clients and write individualized report.
- Maintain records on patients/clients personal and health condition/care data.
- Keep clinical environment tidy and safe.
- Ensure efficiency and safety of assigned nursing commodities.
- Hold a Diploma or a Degree in Registered Nursing/ midwife from a recognized nursing training institution and in possession of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Is in good professional standing with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- At least three years’ experience working in a busy ANC/PMTCT and HIV and AIDS comprehensive Care Centre (CCC) setting.
- Additional training as VCT/HTC counselor, Nutrition and Computer literacy will be added advantage.
These are urgent positions and applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews within a short period of time.