Food for the Hungry HTC Counsellor Jobs career in Isiolo Kenya 2013
Job Title: HTC Counsellor
Duty station: Isiolo
Reports to: Project coordinator
No. of positions: One
Application closing date: 25th March 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HTC services at the facility as per national HTC guidelines and quality assurance
- Coordinate with field team to provide HTC outreach services.
- Provide post counseling follow-up to positive clients to ensure they are enrolled in care.
- Provide adherence counseling to the clients on treatment
- Liaise with DASCO to ensure continues supply of test kits to the facility.
- Work with Nutritionist to identify most needy cases for supplemental nutritional support
- Coordinate posttest club activities and facilitate weekly meetings, in coordination with social worker.
- Assess and complete Counseling Screening form for new patient, Complete Counseling Follow up form for return patient.
- Write reports with respect to department activities weekly, monthly or as required
- Be in possession of a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).Trained HTC counselor by NASCOP or other institution recognized in HTC training.
- Registered with NASCOP as HTC counselor
- Minimum of 2 years HTC counseling services , experience in HBCT and adherence an advantage
- Knowledge of computers especially MS Word and MS Excel desirable
These are urgent positions and applications will be shortlisted as they are received.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.