HR Director Jobs career in Kenya 2013
HR Director Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Role: HR Director
Typical Titles: HR Director, Talent Director, Chief HR Officer
Reports to: CEO
Lead and Manage the Business Unit HR Team to deliver agreed HR Strategies and plans
Align the HR functions priorities with those of the business to enable the achievement of Business Plan goals and objectives.
Secure, Develop and maintain the best talent in the right roles now and for the future to achieve business goals.)
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Business Leaders in the Business Units to understand business strategy and workforce requirements and develop business unit HR / people strategies accordingly as well as communicate these to the relevant COE
- Review requirements for alignment with overall CCA strategies or local business needs
- Define the supporting HR strategies and collaborate with the appropriate CoE to develop policies and programs to support the Divisions
- Recommend new practices / applications for development by COE
- Manage Business Leader expectations and ensure execution / implementation of programs against client needs by communicating business leader requirements to COE and monitoring implementations against specifications.
- Provides internal consulting and services to business unit Management and staff to drive organization change by assessing culture, climate and motivation, and assists in providing consulting in change management initiatives and organization redesign.
- Ensure through regular liaison with the Business Units, that policies & programs continue to support Business needs
- Facilitate change management around program implementation and strategy development
- Lead significant HR programs, i.e. SRR, succession management
- Provide employee advocacy
- Manage the Implementation of all programs and practices within the Business Unit and as required under the CCA Human Capital Strategy and Division requirements
- Maximize each business unit’s performance and productivity
- Ensure HR Design Centre, CCA corporate staff and leadership understand all business unit workforce requirements and that resulting program designs meet business unit needs
- Maintain market awareness of compensation and benefit competitive position and liaise with HR Design Centre to develop appropriate plans for the business unit
- Identify business unit Capability Gaps
- Identify and develop a strong business unit talent pipeline for the future.
- Build and Maintain individual and organizational capabilities to execute the business strategy
- Liaise with the HR Directors, Business Leaders, HR Managers and key company representatives to understand business strategy and company workforce requirements and collaborate with the appropriate CoE to provide best practice support to the business unit relationship on HR programs and policies
- Ensure implementation / compliance with HR governance model within the division
- Manage and maintain HR scorecard within agreed targets for business unit
- Develop & Manage business unit HR Budget
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and preferably an MBA from a recognized business school.
- Over 15 years of relevant experience working in Talent / Human Resource Management:
- a minimum of 3 years experience working in the manufacturing industry
- a minimum of 7 years experience working as the head of a Human Resource function in a large organization.
- a minimum of 3 years experience working in Sub Saharan Africa or Emerging Markets
- Experience leading the department of an organization with:
- Over 500 employees
- Multiple business units or operations in multiples geographies / regions.
- Experience leading or overseeing post acquisition / merger implementation plans with a focus on change management, realignment and harmonization of corporate cultures and organizational structures across multiple business units or subsidiaries.
How to apply:
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to: email address: email@example.com.
Applications should be received by 22nd March 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for.