Hilton Human Resources Coordinator Jobs career in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Join the most recognizable hotel brand in virtually every region of the world.
From the desks of our award-winning hotels to event planning in exotic locations, there may be a hotel job for you.
Hilton Worldwide offers a world of opportunities when it comes to employment and career development.
Your exceptional experience with Hilton Worldwide begins with the exploration of this opportunity.
Human Resources Coordinator
Job No. 02/2013
Work Location: Hilton Nairobi
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose: Assists the Human Resources Manager in the overall management and administration of the human resources function.
Specific responsibilities include hiring; employee/labor relations issues and investigations, wage and salary administration, training and development, affirmative action compliance, worker’s compensation and safety and the implementation of policies and programs as directed by the corporate offices.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Developing and implementing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Developing HR planning strategies with line managers, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements in terms of numbers and skill levels.
- Assists in or prepares periodic reports relating to the Human Resources function (e.g. labour turnover, payroll analysis, operational budget) through the use of a moderately complex computer system and written reports.
- Working closely with departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement HR related policies and procedures.
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization.
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records.
- Assist in induction training for new Team Members and other Trainings as may be assigned by Training Manager.
- Handling disciplinary matters that may arise with the Union.
- Bachelor of Business degree, Human Resources Management option or equivalent qualification.
- Higher diploma in Human Resource Management from IHRM.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Current member of IHRM with a valid HR Practicing Certificate.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize workload; managing various projects and demands on a concurrent basis.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
Excellent future career opportunities are available within the organization.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with background and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to Nairobi_Recruitment@hilton.com before end of day 22nd March 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Hilton Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.