Head of Human Resource Jobs career in Kenya 2013
A leading multi-national company in the wholesale Telecommunications infrastructure provision market, who provide a focused range of services, in the East and Central African region, delivering sustainable value to customers, is looking to fill the role of Head of Human Resource.
This role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Head of Human Resource will initiate activities aimed at enhancing efficiency and effectiveness in the work performance results and the development of human resource in the company
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate & implement HR policies & procedures within the legal framework
- Develop and implement HR strategies in line with company’s strategic plan
- Participate in the training needs identification process in consultation with line managers and coordinate the implementation of the training plan
- Coordinate and monitor employee appraisals and performance evaluation
- Develop good rapport and relationship with HR agencies and other support service providers
- Develop Human Resource management strategies and comprehensive action plans
- Develop HR management plans to ensure effective succession management in the company
- Liaise with line managers to understand their business strategy and develop HR plans accordingly
- Implement and manage the performance management system and ensure its effective execution through the line managers
- Handle administration of staff contracts and translation of terms of service
- Manage Industrial Relations within the organization and ensure the company adheres to the labour laws
- Advise management on grievances and appeals, adverse actions, employee discipline and related matters within the framework of the Labour laws
- Investigate and resolve complaints, appeals, and oversee employees disputes settlements and legal issues of workforce
- Enforce safety regulations within the company
- Participate in the recruitment and selection and placement process of staff
- Handle staff correspondences related to enquiries and promotions
- Participation in the preparation of annual budget for staff salaries and wages
- Management of the staff medical scheme
- Management of confidential and employee records, effective leave, benefits and payroll administration
- Supervise HR & Administration staff in the department
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or Human Resource Management
- Higher diploma in Human Resource Management
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Experience in Telecommunication or ICT firms
- Excellent skills and familiarity in HR soft ware
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Human Resources Management five of which must have been at senior management level with a direct functional reporting to the head of the business
- Generalist HR practitioner with a sound knowledge in the Employment laws, labour relations and driving employee performance
- Good negotiation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Thorough Knowledge of the Kenya labour laws
- Tact and diplomacy: Ability to lead and instil sense of general discipline
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability and initiative to work in a dynamic, high profile environment
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage established processes and systems
- Has a keen eye for details
- Ability to present information in forms, tables, and spread sheets
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 14th March 2013.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.