Adeso Project Officers (Regal IR) Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Position Title: Project Officer - Regal IR
- Facilitate the targeting of groups to be engaged in Adeso REGAL-IR Livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Natural Resource Management (NRM)activities
- To define the project objectives and ensure quality control throughout the project life cycle
- Monitoring, evaluation, activity reporting and documentation
- Organise and implement capacity building activities for Community/Community Groups
- Assisting the project team in implementing, monitoring, reporting and evaluating the REGAL-IR project.
- Organize and participate in rapid assessments targeting Farmers/Community/Community Groups in either Isiolo/Garissa/Turkana/Wajir/Marsabit Counties to identify possible support.
- Ensure that the selection process of Farmers/Community/Community Groups to be supported under REGAL-IR is clear and transparent.
- Assist the Project Manager (DPM) in organizing project related workshops and meetings.
- Keep a diary of the planned interventions for each group with a clear schedule of planned activities
- Support assessments and baseline-surveys for Farmers/Community/Community Groups targeted under REGAL-IR.
- Develop and maintain proper data of Farmers/Community/Community Groups supported under REGAL-IR.
- Working with Project Managers/DRR Coordinator, plan and implement capacity building activities that will ensure sustainability in the long term.
- Prepare and submit quality monthly reports on Farmers/Community/Community Groups activities highlighting against planned achievement, impacts and recommendations.
- Take lead in developing and submitting Success stories /case-studies and lessons-learnt based on the Farmers/Community/Community Groups activities
- In liaison with the Project Manager/DRR Coordinator ensure quality monitoring tools are developed to track impacts/effects of the interventions.
- Working closely with the Technical Advisor /DRR Coordinator, establish detailed data on the beneficiaries including, location, trainings and support provided.
- Liaise regularly with communities, elders, local authorities and other agencies operational in project counties in North Eastern Kenya to ensure coordination and effective implementation of intervention activities.
- If required carry out needs assessment or monitoring missions within North Eastern Kenya or outside of your duty station on a range of sectors and provide feedback.
- Ensure that all records pertaining to this project are properly completed and stored.
- Translate conversations and documents for non-local language speaking staff to English when required.
- Ensure that Adeso expertise in areas such as Gender and HIV/AIDS are mainstreamed in all REGAL-IR activities
- Attend relevant coordination meetings with other stakeholders at field level
- Any other duties as required.
- University degree and or Diploma in Agriculture, Livestock, micro-entrepreneurship, Natural Resource Management (NRM), Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) or a related livelihoods field and 2 years experience working in similar projects.
- Minimum 2 years with NGO/ Government or United Nations (UN) experience at national level is required.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English is essential (fluency specified County dominant language is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, power point, etc.
- Ability to live and work in an isolated area in conditions of limited comfort.
An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.