Human Resources General Manager Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Job Purpose: To develop and proactively implement a robust HR strategy so as to ensure an engaged workforce that is aligned to and delivering on the organisation’s ‘Must Win’ battles.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of the HR strategy in line with the business strategy and regulatory requirements to ensure an engaged workforce that is delivering to stakeholders and to also avoid litigation
- Responsible for manpower planning, resourcing and development within the business so as to ensure optimal allocation of skilled Human Resource to the business.
- To provide strategic HR advice and solutions to the business, consistent with modern HR practice, labour laws and prudent labour practices in line with the organization’s overall strategy.
- To manage employee relations and welfare programs and offer support to line managers in maintaining a cordial employee – employer relationship so as to ensure a conducive work environment.
- To develop and partner with the business managers in implementing staff motivation, change, training and performance management programs for purposes of ensuring a skilled, productive and engaged workforce.
- Provide leadership to the HR team, prepare and manage HR Division budgets, provide the business with guidance on staff related budgets and monitor costs against budget.
- To prepare various reports to inform the business and for decision making.
Planning: Planning window is one year
- Deployment of temporary employees, transfers, and recruitment of new employees.
- Also responsible for the deployment cost including transfer costs.
- Three direct reports
- Manage service contract for tea ladies and oversee the contracted employees.
- Monitor the targets of the three direct reports on a monthly basis.
- Also monitor performance of contracted employees as per service level agreement
Internal: Across the business – Divisional Head, Department Head, supervisors, employees and contracted employees
External: IHRM, Pension administrators, Medical Providers, Government institutions, Insurance Companies, Ministry of labour, Trade Unions, Suppliers. Law firms, employer associations,
Expected Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource and Business Administration
- Post Graduate diploma in Human Resource Management
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a HR generalist, 3 of which should be in a senior management position
- Good IT Skills & conversant in use of MS suite of products
- Experience in using a HRIS
- Interpersonal and relational skills
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership abilities
- Presentation skills