Assistant General Manager (Project Management ) Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Reporting Chain: Reports to the Director, Transformation & Strategy Management
The Assistant General Manager – Project Management is responsible for the implementation of the strategic initiatives as established and described in the 5-year business strategy.
This role is required to:
- create and deliver against appropriate project plans to ensure that each initiative is delivered in line with that plan and that all benefits are realized on a timely basis;
- maximize value generated from future IT infrastructure investment;
- drive innovation to create products and services that enable the capturing of new business;
- ensure resources required to deliver initiatives are budgeted accurately and properly allocated;
- co-ordination of allocation of appropriate resources required from other divisions;
- ensure cross functional teams have clear roles and responsibilities and are accountable for delivery of the relevant objectives;
- manage change by effectively and consistently communicating key messages across the organization;
- projects must lead to enhanced employee productivity and satisfaction, increased market-share/client base, satisfaction, and loyalty, and increased shareholder value.
- Competency requirements for the AGM- Project Management:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of project management methodology
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the financial services industry. An understanding of the property industry would be an added advantage
- Demonstrate strong business analysis skills and experience
- Demonstrate an understanding of key factors in the business environment that affect the organization’s success, and ability to utilize this to develop appropriate products and services
- Demonstrate the ability to infuse the team with a common vision and motivate them to do their best work at all times.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of technology and the value it brings to the organization’s business.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Demonstrate strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- A person of integrity who cannot be compromised
How to apply: