NDI Somalia Policy Experts / Consultants Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Policy Experts / Consultants
Summary For Position:
Somali Federal Government’s recent political progress provides a great opportunity to support the reestablishment of functional, democratic government institutions, specifically the federal parliament and the
NDI has been supporting Somali institutions during the transitional period and is poised to continue supporting the development of functional democratic frameworks through support to the executive and legislative branches in Somalia.
With funding support from the UK Department for International Development (DFID), NDI is seeking technical policy experts to provide strategic guidance to key government officials and support policy formation in key ministries.
- The Policy Expert will be posted within designated offices of the Somali Federal Government and will be responsible for leading activities in his or her programmatic area contributing to the policy development and strategic direction of the designated office within the Somali Federal Government in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Drawing on own expertise, provide sound guidance and advice on policy formulation process;
- Analyze public issues and policies at the ministerial level and offer solutions to ensure that they are coordinated with government enunciated policies.
- S/he will help designated government institutions define, and as necessary strengthen their understanding of the function of ministries and will provide structured support to Somali’s federal executive offices and ministries on issues related to strengthening designated government units, supporting processes for policy design and development, and creating and implementing systems that will improve intra-agency policy consultation and coordination.
- Facilitate the creation and implementation of strategic planning sessions with designated political staff in the main government offices and ministerial departments to improve intraagency policy consultation and coordination;
- Make recommendations based on the analysis of the policies examined, on more effective ways of increasing the impact of the expert function;
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in public administration, public policy, law, political science or related field;,
- Master’s degree preferred; Proven senior level managerial, strategic, and organizational development experience;
- Expertise in strategic program management, especially with regard to NDI’s goals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner and English;
- Proficiency in Somali language preferred;
- Ability to travel to and work in challenging contexts.
- As a consultant of NDI will be required to adhere to the mandates of NDI as well as the Somali Government policy, legal framework and public administration processes with special regard to those elements that could enhance development of Somali Federal Government institutions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Please submit your application online at firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than March 7, 2013.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to go through a two stage interview process.