Product Development Lead Jobs career Kenya 2013
Product Development Lead (FMCG-Personal Care/Cosmetics) – DRC
- Should be a professional in the field of Cosmetics R&D pertaining to product development, and technology transfer of skin and hair care products such as creams, lotions, hand wash, body wash, face wash, gels and soaps (Process science development of Surfactant based products).
- Should have specialized in cosmetics formulation chemistry and development, product development, evaluation, scale up of personal wash off products, etc.
- Exposure to cosmetics production planning, plant operations & maintenance support is an added advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a project team.
- Should have relevant industry experience in the field of cosmetics R&D for over 10 years, preferably talents from the global cosmetic giant organizations that are into the business of personal and natural care products such as ITC, Unilever, Proctor & Gamble, Cavin Care, Emami, Marico, Johnson & Johnson etc.
- Preferably an M.Tech in Cosmetic Technology with core Cosmetics, or
- M.Sc in Biochemistry from a reputed institution.
- Develop new products and improve on existing products both in terms of efficacy and sensorial benefits.
- Regular consumer interaction, finding out the need gap and expected product attributes, converting the need gaps into a product.
- Proven abilities include- expertise in applied research, innovative product development, project designing, planning, and successful execution.
- Conclusions based not only on scientific research data outputs, but also with respect to corporate microeconomic business environment.
- Detail oriented and quality focused.
- Track activities of competition in terms of new launches/Re-launches, product quality / composition and claims, also to develop alternate options.
- Cost optimization of existing formulations without compromising on product quality and efficacy.
- Technology mapping of available market samples.
- Regular interaction with suppliers for upgrading the innovations in Ingredients & formulations.
- Technology transfer from bench to pilot plant to commercial production.
- Process optimization and validation (Hardware Set up).
- Trouble shooting in the scale up of the products such as creams, lotions, shower gels and soaps.
- Development of relevant claims for the products such as hand wash, hand sanitizers and soaps.
- Blending of perfumes
- Application of perfumes in various cosmetics & other related products
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org