Médecins Du Monde Project Manager, Kenya / Somalia Job Vacancy Kenya 2013
Project Manager, Kenya / Somalia – Médecins Du Monde
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France.
It seeks to stimulate commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
In Somalia, MdM offers health care services to the civilian populations in Bosaso, Puntland.
General Description of the Role
The Project Manager will be based in Bosaso and in Nairobi following a fixed schedule.
He/she will be in charge of the smooth implementation of the project in Bosaso.
He/She will manage both technical and administrative MdM team based in Bosaso and support the local partner.
- Ensure smooth implementation of the project according to project proposal;
- Plan activities to achieve the project objectives;
- Support Local Partner to achieve the project objectives;
- Manage Human Resources in accordance with MdM rules and regulations;
- Liaise with medical and non medical organisation (INGOs and LNGOs) in the field;
- Liaise with the General coordinator based in Nairobi;
- Write proposals and reports for donors;
- Produce monthly reports on project management.
- Proven experience in project management in a multicultural context;
- At least 5 years of experience in post emergency and post recovery programmes in developing countries;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision; ability to work under-pressure and to respect deadlines;
- Ability to work in an unsecured context and to respect strong security rules;
- Strong analytical, training, oral and written communication, and team-building skills;
- Good diplomatic and networking skills: the ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with Local Authorities and Donors;
- Proven people management and leadership skills: the ability to lead staff and promote productivity in a pleasant work environment in accordance with the MdM code of conduct;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English. Somali will be considered a plus;
- Comfortable with computer use; problem solving and organizational capabilities;
- Good knowledge of the HSC Somalia and HC Somalia mechanism and Somalia EPHS.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV to the following email address email@example.com with the title: Project Manager, Kenya/Somalia.
Closing date is March 4th 2013.
Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
No application will be considered after the closing date as well as any application received by phone or in
MDM is an equal employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.