M-KOPA Software Developer Jobs career in Kenya 2013
M-KOPA is a mobile technology company that uses mobile payments to offer consumer financing for energy products and services, targeted at off-grid users.
The M-KOPA payment system uses mobile payments as a way to pay slowly for renewable energy for a range of applications such as solar lighting or mobile charging.
M-KOPA is seeking a skilled and motivated Software Developer to help in the process of developing the growing M-KOPA system.
M-KOPA was founded in 2011 following a successful commercial pilot using mobile services to collect payments for use of energy.
The company’s first scaled commercial application is off-grid solar power systems, undergoing commercial roll-out across Kenya from May 2012.
M-KOPA was incubated by Signal Point Partners (www.signalpointpartners.com).
The partners and management team of M-KOPA include several former executives responsible for the initiation and scaling of M-PESA, the award-winning mobile financial service platform in Kenya.
M-KOPA has strong international investors to help scale its business.
Title: Software Developer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: March 2013
Reporting to: Head of Technology
- Developing web based software using C# on the ASP.NET MVC Framework.
- Clear and concise technical documentation
- Engaging business users and the technology team in order to come up with solid software solutions
- Supporting end users of the M-KOPA system
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in building solutions using C#
- Strong understanding of using ORMs such as NHibernate and Entity Framework
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Experience in working with messaging systems such as MSMQ and RabbitMQ
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage own time with changing priorities
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to assist other team members
Only candidates who can demonstrate sufficient competence will be shortlisted and contacted.