Editor / Writer Jobs career in Kenya 2013
Department: Marketing / Communications
Reporting to the Marketing & PR Manager, the role holder will be responsible for writing, editing and proof reading all material related to marketing tasks and activities.
- Cultivate story ideas and write creative stories with a marketing/advertising orientation.
- Work with the in-house graphic designer to produce passionate, engaging and evocative copy in different styles and on schedule for both print and digital marketing.
- Work with the IT department to continually update and create new content for the company website and social media pages including Facebook and Twitter, produce weekly reports on website hits and demographics, interact with consumers on these online channels, monitor and escalate consumer feedback and create content for email and sms marketing.
- Work with the marketing team to create marketing collateral for campaigns, events and promotions including proposals, presentations and brochures.
- Maintain the organization’s marketing and communication material.
- Write weekly company updates to send out to select parties and stakeholders and a bi-monthly newsletter to send out to company client database.
- Carry out relevant interviews for articles to publish in the company newsletter and website.
- Develop and distribute media materials including press releases, fact sheets, speeches and press packs; and attend press events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic members of the media including writers, editors and reporters of newspapers, relevant magazines, websites and blogs, and radio and television stations.
- Report and maintain media clippings pertaining to the company.
- Support day-to-day operations of the marketing department including assisting in promotional activities and marketing events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/English/Communications/Public Relations.
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Strong writing skills.
- A good understanding of marketing concepts and a strong ability in finding the marketing angle to a story.
- Interviewing skills.
- Researching skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a consistent high-level standard of work.
- Ability to self-manage and work under minimal supervision.
- Team Player
Please respond with a resume and samples that show what you’re made of!