World Vision Kenya Accountant Job Vacancy kenya 2013
World Vision Kenya (WVK) is a leading non-governmental Christian humanitarian, relief, development and advocacy organization with projects in most parts of Kenya.
We wish to urgently recruit highly competent person to fill the following position within our organization.
- Financial Programming & Planning
- Coordinate development of the annual budget for the Area Development Program and Integrated Program Area (ADP/IPA) and Grants, ensuring they meet the appropriate program support to expenditure ratios.
- Prepare bank monthly reconciliation for the IPA/ADP account and ensuring that all reconciling items are followed up and addressed:
- Work with IPA staff, community leaders and other partners to identify and respond appropriately to local financial capacity & management issues within the Community Based Organization (CBO) partners
- Review the financial documents e.g. Employee Expense Reports, ensure accurate account allocation and proper coding of IPA expenses for accurate reporting of IPA expenses.
- Provide leadership in any budget revision/ proposal or the grants that are managed by the IPA.
- Ensure that all IPA projects and programs achieve acceptable financial audit results by implementing interventions in accordance with established norms and policies;
- Assets Utilization & Control including maintenance of accurate and updated fixed assets register for the ADP/IPA and ensure internal controls are properly adhered to.
- Monitor monthly program’s expenditures and preparation of timely and accurate financial reports
- Promotion of WVK Business including maintaining good relationship with suppliers by facilitating timely and accurate payments in line with WVK policy.
- Conduct training of partner local institutions on WVK financial procedures and provide regular support supervisory visits
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University.
- CPA (At least section 3)
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Competency in Sunsystems and MS Office an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
All application letters and detailed CVs together with names of three referees should be addressed to
People & Culture,
to reach us not later than March 7, 2013.
Please indicate the job title as subject (Only short-listed candidates will be contacted).
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse offenses.
World Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our vision for every child, Life in all its fullness, Our prayer for every heart, The will to make it so.