CARE International Humanitarian Affairs and Communications Support Officer Job Vacancy Kenya 2013
Humanitarian Affairs and Communications Support Officer (HACSO)
Reporting to the Regional Advocacy Coordinator and Regional Emergency Coordinator for East and Central Africa (REC), the primary role of the Humanitarian affairs and communications Support Officer (HACSO) is to support administratively and on policy issues various regional initiatives link to humanitarian assistance, emergency preparedness, and capacity building.
He/She will facilitate communication flows to ensure that CARE staff (including CARE International members) and key external stakeholders receive the information they need.
This will require strengthening and streamlining existing information management systems to respond to demands from internal and external stakeholders.
- University Degree in Communications, Social, political sciences, Information Management, project management or similar.
- At least 3 years experience in communications, Information dissemination, international relations and/or policy work.
- Proven experience of communicating Information to a wide range of different audiences.
- Ability to review and edit reports and other written documentation for dissemination and publication.
- Ability to collect information and undertake research under potentially difficult and constraining conditions.
- Ability to develop and present information and communication products for a range of different audiences.
- Ability to read budgets and carry on administrative duties.
- Experience of media liaison and media tools e.g. photography, video etc.
- Awareness of potential sensitivity of information in the context of CARE emergency response and development programming and ability to differentiate between information for internal versus external audiences.
- Willingness to work and travel in difficult circumstances and adhere to agreed security procedures.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your application and CV with full contact details of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 04th March 2013.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.