SC Johnson Kenya Limited Marketing Manager Jobs in Kenya 2013
Vacancy: Marketing Manager
SC Johnson Kenya Limited is a subsidiary of SC Johnson & Son group ofcompanies, a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality brand-name products for consumers throughout the world.
The company markets and distributes Kiwi, Pledge, Mr. Muscle, Windex, Glade, Raid, Baygon and Ridsect branded products in Kenya.
Applications are invited to fill the above vacant position.
The successful candidate will report to the Director – Country Manager, East Africa.
The main responsibilities for this role include: -
- Translate company goals into appropriate marketing strategies and plans that will achieve volume, value, market share, profit and/or other assigned objectives.
- Devise (where applicable) and/or implement short and long term strategic direction for all brands, considering Global Brand / Africa strategy and translate this into budget and company plans.
- Constantly seek to improve Gross Profit (% and absolute) of all brands by monitoring costs, optimising pricing and growing profitable SKU’s without detracting from product quality.
- • Achieve or exceed monthly Contribution Margin forecast for Kenya OPCO by way of optimised investment in Trade Offers and A&P budget and initiation of corrective action as required.
- Prepare and implement formal and informal research projects to increase the depth of consumer knowledge and make timely changes to marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Identify, develop, test and launch new products within agreed timing and budget to exploit opportunities, always taking into account established policy and procedure, ensuring a competitive NPD funnel and sustained growth in sales value and volume from such product.
- Work with Sales Managers and their reports to enhance growth of profitable and/or strategic SKU’s by account or market and to continuously improve short and long term sales forecasts.
- Manage relationship with Advertising, Research and Promotional agencies to ensure achievement of brand communication and other identified objectives.
- Management of departmental S&A budgets within agreed parameters.
- Supervise direct reports in accordance with policy.
The applicant must have the following minimum qualifications:-
Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate with a degree in Marketing or Business Management with at least 6 years’ experience the field
- Marketing experience in a FMCG environment
- Experience in the use and analysis of both qualitative and quantitative consumer research.
- Previous coaching and management experience an advantage.
Skill Dimensions required for the role
- Align with strategy and company direction
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Highly self motivated and results oriented
- Innovative and business analysis (Strong business acumen)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advocacy skills
- Mid-management level financial skills
- High level of numeracy
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and curriculum vitae to the undersigned.
Applications close on: 18/2/2013