Plant Engineer jobs Career in Kenya 2013
Our client urgently seeks to fill the above position.
Department: Agro processing unit
Reporting to: Manager
Reports from: production team, machine operators
Main Purpose of the Job
To organize and control all production within the food processing unit to achieve all output targets in terms of quantity, quality, yield, wastage, unit costs and in accordance with health, safety and hygiene standards.
Major 1 year deliverable
Minimize losses and create efficiencies in the production cycle.
Training of operators to achieve their full potential.
What are the biggest problems they have to solve/overcome on behalf of the company?
1. Production planning/scheduling
2. Quality controls
Field of Responsibilities
- Ensure that production schedules are followed and meet the customer orders
- Review all sales orders before production commences to ensure correct output and minimize wastage
- Ensure that the raw material for food processing meets quality standards and quality in conjunction with Quality Assurance Officer;
- Supervise the work of foremen, supervisors, general laborers and other production unit staff.
- To inform management on work progress by generating production output, work reports and final reports
- Monitor and review production policies and procedure to ensure continuous production
- Develop maintenance schedules for all the equipment used at the food packaging unit
- Manage employee relations with production staff
- Maintain client and supplier relationships by making periodic clientele visits to monitor production targets
- Ensure Safety standards are adhered and maintained
Skills, experience required
- Degree in mechanical engineering and preferably should have knowledge on electrical engineering
- Must have 5-7 years experience in a processing plant/manufacturing (preferable agro processing)
- Minimum of 2 years in an engineer post
- Good presentation of reports and strong reasoning
- Good communication skills
- Good computing skills – Microsoft office is mandatory
- On time up to date reports to management
- Cleanliness, Health and Safety measures maintained
- Meeting deadlines for production
- Reducing wastage
- Liaising with operations team
- Efficiency in production
If you meet the above minimum requirements, kindly email your cv (INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT & EXPECTED SALARY) to;
Frank Management Consult Limited,
Nyaku House, 1st Floor, Argwings Kodhek Road,
P.O Box 5351-00200,
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com