World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Training & Mentoring Administrator – AWARD Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2013
World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
Training & Mentoring Administrator – AWARD
The World Agroforestry Centre is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, which also hosts the African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) project of the CGIAR Gender and Diversity Program.
AWARD is a pioneering project to boost the talent pool of African women in the agricultural sciences.
AWARD delivers career development fellowships to hundreds of women in agricultural institutions throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
The project covers 11 countries:, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
About this position
The Training & Mentoring Administrator will organize and deliver a range of events such as conferences, trainings, information seminars, workshops and dinners/luncheons seamlessly as part of AWARD’s capacity building program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with respective Coordinators to get the complete list of participants for respective courses (as high as 60) and update it with the required details accordingly.
- Manage travel bookings/reservations in conjunction with the travel office for all participants, and liaise with venue (Hotel) on arrival and departure dates, airport pickups etc.
- Draft and send out confirmation letters, invitation letters for use with visa applications, name badges, cards, list of participants.
- Liaise with service provider on printing workshop materials (workbooks/handouts/name tags etc.)
- Prepare certificates ensuring names, dates, venues are correct. Prepare workshop folders for printed material and handouts and ensure their efficient distribution / placement on tables.
- Liaise with hotel staff and trainers to ensure meeting space is optimal for all aspects of the workshop, including plenary and break-out sessions and reception areas.
- Ensure workshop materials including audio-visual needs are available, organized accordingly and ready at all times.
- Ensure evaluation forms are updated, distributed for filling after each course collected and returned for M&E analysis.
- Be on site to ensure trainers have what they need and all training rooms / venues, equipment, catering arrangements, and other requirements are booked or cancelled in advance.
- Assist in training room set up, table arrangement /display of materials, name tags etc.
- Liaise with participants and hotel on registration and accommodation.
- Special attention to mothers with children, challenged persons etc. to ensure services like nanny, wheelchairs etc. are available
- Organize for field trips when required.
- Manage the events, including setting up, instructing external contractors and internal staff assistance.
- Respond to enquiries from AWARD clients about events and follow up on course registrations.
- Manage the events database for the respective departments.
Skills and qualifications required
- First degree in business management/administration.
- At least 5 years’ experience handling workshops, administration and with some knowledge of databases.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Terms of offer
ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment.
The contract is for an initial period of three (3) years with potential for extension subject to performance and availability of resources.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees.
Applications should indicate “Application for a Training & Mentoring Administrator – AWARD” on their application letters OR email submissions.
All correspondence should be addressed to the
Human Resources Unit,
World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF),
P.O. Box 30677, Nairobi,
OR via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered until 15 February 2013.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about AWARD by accessing our web site: www.award.cgiar.org or www.worldagroforestry.org