Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) Accountant Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) is a membership organization for African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) registered as a legal entity under laws of the Republic of Kenya.
NANHRI is currently seeking to recruit an Accountant to be based in its Secretariat office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Department: Finance and Administration
Main Purpose of the Job
Key duties and responsibilities
- Preparing budgets according to the programme needs and staff numbers and keeping track of actual performance and institute corrective measures where necessary.
- Manage and track the operations budget for each project and ensuring work completion, as appropriate through Administration of funds to pay bills, vendors, suppliers, consultants.
- Payroll administration and timely payment of all statutory deductions.
- Prepare profit and loss statements, analyze revenue and resolve accounting discrepancies
- Maintaining financial data and records of accounts
- Monitoring reports with accuracy and detail and submitting the timely monthly, quarterly and year end close reports in duly manner as per the deadlines and rules of the Government and donors.
- Coordinate with the internal and external auditors during audits and work on audit recommendations.
- A Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Accounting or related field
- Relevant Professional qualifications on accounting (at least CPA/ACCA II )
- At least 2 years’ relevant accounting experience.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks & SAP accounting packages.
- Excellent inter‐personal and communications skills.
- Demonstrable commitment to human rights.
- Good research, report writing, editing and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Honesty, transparency and a high level of integrity.
- Knowledge of French will be a plus, but not a requirement.
Network of African NHRIs
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 2nd Floor
P. O. Box 74359‐00200