mothers2mothers Senior Advisor: Kenya Mentor Mother Program Job Vacancy Nigeria 2013
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an international non-governmental organisation headquartered in Cape Town, SA, dedicated to providing education and support to pregnant women and mothers living with HIV, and preventing mother-to-child transmission.
m2m empowers HIV-positive pregnant women and new mothers to become role models in their communities by promoting AIDS awareness, testing and services.
m2m currently operates in 7 countries in Africa and receives funding from a diverse set of funders.
For further information please visit www.m2m.org.
Senior Advisor: Kenya Mentor Mother Program
Purpose: To facilitate the provision of technical assistance to GOK/MOH at the national and sub-national levels to scale-up the Kenya Mentor Mother Program (KMMP).
The position is based in Nairobi.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Facilitate m2m’s provision of technical assistance to GOK/MOH at the national level, consistent with the joint strategic plan for scale-up and joint annual workplans
- Support the MOH to co-chair the activities of the national PMTCT TWG sub-committee dedicated to KMMP scale-up, M&E, training & education and/or other program components
- Promote the national ratification of KMMP materials produced by the GOK/MOH
- Provide technical assistance to GOK/MOH to develop systems for quality verification of KMMP activities throughout the country
- Build effective partnerships between m2m, MOH and key stakeholders, such as USG agencies, UN agencies, partner organizations and civil society, including effective partnerships between key stakeholders/across groups
- Ensure the timely submission of donor reports, record-keeping, and compliance to donor requirements
- Perform other related activities as necessary to support the functioning of m2m Kenya under the guidance of the Country Representative
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in medicine, health sciences, social science, international development, management, or a related field
- Experience providing technical assistance to national government, preferably in the context of national scale-up
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of public health and/or NGO sector including at least 3 years in PMTCT/HIV/SRH/MCH (experience in peer education approaches a distinct advantage)
- Exposure to national government structures and processes in Kenya, as well as the public health donor and partner landscape
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including expertise in facilitation, public speaking and partnership liaison
- Strong negotiation and representation skills
- Ability to conceptualize complex strategic scenarios and facilitate buy-in and implementation
- Technical knowledge in areas of program design, program quality verification and M&E
- Dynamism, creativity and flexibility
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili essential
- Cultural sensitivity to effectively engage participants of all levels and backgrounds
- Excellent writing and researching skills (gathering, using, and succinctly capturing information)
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office) and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm to work on behalf of m2m’s mother and infant clients
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to the mothers2mothers Human Resource Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us by March 31, 2013, please consider your application unsuccessful.