KCB Industrial Relations Manager Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Industrial Relations Manager
Job Ref: HR 01/2013
Reporting to the Head Employee Relations, the Industrial Relations Manager is responsible for effective management of union, employee and management relationships to ensure harmonious industrial relations environment in the Bank.
- Maintain a positive labor relations environment through establishment of satisfactory relationship between the union, management and employees.
- Implement industrial labor relations programs and oversee compliance with the union negotiated contracts.
- Represents management in labour relations, including negotiation, interpretation, and administration of collective agreements.
- Develop and implement employee engagement programs.
- Represent the Bank in employment litigation issues.
- Oversee effective management of staff disciplinary issues.
- Facilitate grievance dispute resolution process and track grievances, monitor trends and provide advice on possible resolutions to issues.
- Coordinate employee disciplinary and grievance fact-finding meetings and consensus reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- Professional qualification in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum 6 years generalist HR experience with at least 4 in relevant Industrial Relations management in a corporate environment.
- Proven experience creating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with multiple levels of the organization
- Knowledge and experience in negotiations, arbitration, grievance handling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning, organizing, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization
- Sound knowledge of labour laws and practices
- Initiative, self-drive and open minded
- Excellent organizational skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 22nd February 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.