Business Support Assistant / Office Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Position: Business Support Assistant / Office Manager – Contract Position
Reports To: Country Manager
The person will be responsible for managing the front office and office administration
Administrative Support to Country Manager
- Effectively support Senior Business Assistant in managing the Kenyan Country Manager
- Manage the calendar of the Country Manager, taking into consideration the different time zones
- Organise management meetings,
- Prepare agenda / taking of minutes,
- Arrange working lunches where required,
- Liaise with IT to ensure that technical requirements of meetings are taken care of (e.g. laptop for group webinars, presentations, video conference)
- Screen calls
Travel Coordination for the Country Manager:
- Bookings and co-ordination of all travel arrangements (international and local),
- Drawing up of detailed travel itineraries for these trips
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements (hotel bookings, visas, invitation letters, booking of airport transfers and ground transportation, etc)
- Where necessary, liaise with other Offices to arrange for meetings
- Assist and co-ordinate in all travel arrangements for all incoming visitors for the relevant department and assisting guests in obtaining entry visas
- Complete Expense Reports (Travel and Entertainment) on regular basis.
General Office Support
- Greet and assist visitors at reception
- Manage and co-ordinate monthly team events and meetings. Organize and co-ordinate any office event arrangements (Workshops, Conferences, Seminars, etc)
- Perform general administrative duties to support day-to-day department operations in such areas as scheduling meetings; maintaining management calendar for assigned departments; taking and distributing meeting minutes; screening calls, SMT calendar, Oracle Expense reports for corporate card, iExpense & PO Creation, invoices, ordering supplies and maintaining department records.
- Type all memorandums and letters with a high margin of accuracy, including formatting of MS Word documents
- Co-ordinate internal training, including the booking of training facility/venue, preparation of training materials, etc
- Serve as administrative liaison to others within and outside the company
- Organizes the maintenance of tenancy services and general repairs and ensures that staff are kept up to date at all times in respect to tenancy issues and liaises with building management on base building matters including services issues (i.e. air-conditioning, lift services, fire services) and notifications (planned and unplanned maintenance works) ensuring that those impacted within the organization are notified and kept up to date. This also includes ensuring that the appropriate maintenance and service levels are received from the building management.
- Be available during the necessary co-ordination with the Building Management and relevant vendors on events such as annual power shutdown, fire drills.
Accounting & Procurement Support
- Receipt goods / services upon delivery. By collecting and reviewing invoices for reimbursement, match invoices with the corresponding purchase orders; enter into Oracle accounts payable system using the assigned general ledger codes.
- Review, evaluate and recommend on facilities vendors performance, including contract management and looking at potential cost savings initiatives for the organization.
- Prepare budget; financial and other standard monthly reports.
- Assist the Country Manager to prepare monthly accruals and variance reporting, to raise purchase orders,
- Specific administration and coordination experience with demonstrated success.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Strong power point and excel skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in organizing events
- Strong team player, decisive and results driven, with high energy levels and initiative
- Relevant Degree
How to apply
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to: email address: email@example.com .
Applications should be received by 18th February 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for.