APM Terminals Jobs vacancies in Mombasa Kenya 2013
APM Terminals is one of the world’s leading global terminal owners and operators with a Global Terminal Network of more than 56 terminals with 20,000 employees in 34 countries that provides the port infrastructure essential to international transportation and global economic growth.
APM Terminals works closely with governments, country leaders, customers, truckers, railways and the entire shipping community to ensure supply chain efficiency and world-class service and is investing in world trade by building/operating port infrastructure necessary to keep global trade moving.
APM Terminals is making significant investments in many growing economies and has a very strong business development organization and focus for the future.
As one of the current developments in Africa, APM Terminals is currently realizing an important investment in Mombasa, Kenya. A new, strategically situated Inland Contained Depot is ready to serve it customers.
This newly developed ICD will be of major importance in changing the way shipments will be handled in Kenya.
APM Terminals Mombasa is interested in recruiting, training and challenging the world’s best talent to join our global team and to serve our customers and lead our company.
The company is fully committed to developing talent with challenging jobs, global opportunities and exciting work in a growing global business.
To learn more about APM Terminals, please visit the corporate website: www.apmterminals.com
APM Terminals is very interested in receiving applications for the position of:
Fully responsible for sales & marketing strategy implementation, budgets and non-financial targets, having the key responsibility for attracting customers and ensuring a highly professional relationship to the various decisions makers within the customer’s organization.
The Commercial manager is a member of the Terminal Management Team
The Commercial Manager is responsible for setting & delivering commercial objectives which are within the strategy & business plans of the terminal and leads the translation of the Sales & Marketing strategy into business targets, budgets and tangible plans and is responsible for budget preparations and monitoring marketing plans
The commercial manager is responsible for attracting and retaining customers and to ensure the development of a highly professional relationship to the various decisions makers within the customer’s organization and overseas business opportunities (local & regional).
He/She drives and manages the customer value proposition to secure growth and manages development of overall standards and guidelines for Sales & Marketing, including pricing, service, promotion, advertising , PR and media.
- Minimum college degree in business, marketing or related discipline. Masters degree in marketing will be preferable.
- Proven direct marketing/sales experience in transportation or related industry and proven management experience from the terminal or shipping industry or alternatively related industry within transport or supply chain management with detailed understanding of the various links with other functional areas.
- Proven track record and international experience within B2B Sales & Marketing and excellent negotiation and relationship building skills on all levels.
- Trustworthy, ambitious and able to work highly independently and in teams with an ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and promote a team environment to meet objectives.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Human Resource Manager has a key leadership role in the organization.
This involves advising and interpreting company policy, labor law, and advising the Managing Team on issues relating to employment, training & development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and other areas of responsibility.
The position oversees key administrative functions related to Human Resources and general administration.
- Plans the strategic direction of the department, aligning it with the overall business plan and strategy of the company and provides guidance and experience to the discussions on policy.
- Ensures that all employees are provided equal opportunity, fair and consistent application of policies regardless of nationality or citizenship.
- Advises management on significant employee relations matters and directs the administration of compensation system ensuring consistent practices.
- Directs education and training activities for the organization, including training requirement needs for new hires, intern programs, skills assessments, etc.
- Manages the HR and Training budget by creating budget, monitoring costs and identifies areas of cost reduction, when feasible.
- Provides supervision and direction for all departments including overseeing the appropriate staffing levels, based on projected manpower plan.
- Follows company management policies and procedures and participates in career plan development for subordinates.
- Requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in human resources, business administration, behavioral science, or management.
- Requires at least five years of general human resources, with an emphasis in organizational design and planning, employment, labor law, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Needs to have a good understanding of international management principles and is knowledgeable in the areas of compensation, employee relations, general benefits, employment and staffing practices
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of employees, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management.
- Requires strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and a collaborative work style and is able to exercise discretion and good judgment understanding the effect of decisions
- Must be able to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion and can prioritize responsibilities in order to handle a demanding workload.
- Must be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
As a member of the Management Team, the Finance Manager will be fully responsible for ensuring that the financial activities at the Inland Container Depot are aligned with the overall strategy of the Company and that these yield the best possible financial returns.
He/ She will oversee the development of local policies, procedures and strategic objectives for the Finance function.
- Develops and executes the financial strategy of the company, ensuring that the company is financially strong and risk protected.
- Establishes and enforces procedures to improve working routines, provide high quality and valuable information and analyses to aid decision making and achieve cost efficiencies
- Leads and co-ordinates the risk management strategy of the Terminal and makes recommendations to the CEO/MD on risk management.
- Leads the procurement function within the terminal and manages key suppliers to ensure that cost effective solutions are provided for the terminal
- Ensures that policies and guidelines are followed in accordance with the company’s strategy and policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Financial supervision of projects including but not limited to investment contracts.
- Ensures that matters within scope of responsibility comply with local Law, Local Regulations and the Company’s’ Strategy and Culture.
- Ensures and establishes of proper internal controls and manage financial issues relating to shareholders and BOD
- Manages, motivates, coaches and instructs departmental staff and fosters inter-departmental communication and co-operation.
- Requires a university degree in business or accounting. Qualification as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent is preferable.
- Minimum of 7 years in finance roles including management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of setting of budgets, reporting, inventory control systems and accounting.
- Experience in Strategy development and implementation; for this candidates need to have a strategic mindset and ability to drive strategic initiatives
- Understanding of the logistics or shipping industry is seen as an advantage.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives, and promote a team environment.
- Needs to be detail oriented and at the same time able to see the ‘bigger picture’.
- Above average user skills in Excel/Word and high personal and professional integrity
All above mentioned positions require the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written at an advanced level
For the above mentioned positions, only applications received by e-mail will be considered that are received within 5 days from publishing date
Your application can be sent to:
Leon Humblet, Project Implementation Manager at: Leon.Humblet@apmterminals.com
Applicants shall be contacted about the decision on their application via EMAIL once all applications have been reviewed.
We guarantee total confidentiality.
APM Terminals is an equal opportunity Employer.