ADRA Food Security and Resilience Expert Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2013
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Somalia is an International Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya and operating in Somalia.
ADRA’s mission is to change one life at a time through enhancing development in individuals and communities.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Food Security and Resilience Expert.
The applicant will initially be engaged on a 5 months’ consultancy basis and based on good performance, the person could be engaged as an ADRA staff to coordinate the sector.
- Develop the agriculture, food security and resilience strategies and policies for the sector
- Develop sector goals and objectives in line with agency’s goal and mission as well as in conformity with UN and Somalia food security cluster strategies, goals and objectives
- In conformity with ADRA Somalia program approach, develop integrated sector proposals that attract funding from various donors
- Attend regularly Somalia food security cluster meetings both at the Nairobi and field levels, share with other actors in the sector. Incorporate lessons learned and good practices in ADRA programs
- Implement and manage ADRA’s food security and resilience programs funded by various donors in Somalia. Program implementation will include supervising project staff, monitoring and reporting program activities both to ADRA and donors.
- Carry out baseline surveys, assessments and obtain information and data required to develop sector strategies and plans
Qualifications / Experience
- Post graduate degree in food security, agriculture, international development, or related field
- At least five years of related work experience in the field of relief/development with exposure in programming, planning in food security & livelihood oriented programs.
- Ability to be organized, rigorous and able to deal with stress.
- Capacity to conceptualize and implement small scale micro-enterprise schemes in the rural areas of Somalia.
- Demonstrate ability to manage complex situations with minimum external support and with minimum resources.
- Project management experience in Somalia (or Horn of Africa) will be an added advantage.
- Communication skills (diplomacy) especially with local authorities.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including your CV/resumé via e-mail not later than 22nd February 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.