Projects Engineer (Containers) Jobs in Mombasa Kenya 2013
Our client is a leading engineering firm in Mombasa and is seeking to recruit a talented and highly motivated Engineer in the capacity of a Project Engineer (Containers Fabrication Section) as follows:
Responsible for all technical aspects of the container fabrication Project including preparation of bills of materials, interpreting drawings, making amendments to existing drawings, preparing drawings in AUTO CAD, daily and weekly progress reporting and preparation of schedule of works.
- Responsible for preparing designs, calculations, analyses, etc. in accordance with established codes and standards.
- Responsible for analyzing simple structural members and designing the same with either steel, timber or concrete materials, using both Limit States and AllowableStress methods.
- Responsible for reviewing, and interpreting all design drawings, dimensions and calculation analysis.
- Preparation of bills of materials as per drawing and tender specifications.
- Interpreting drawings and making amendments to existing drawings to suit revised requirements.
- Preparing new drawings in AUTO CAD as per client requirements.
- Coordinate with all persons in interface in preparing daily, progress reports on progress made .
- Preparation of schedule of works for each task order in MS Project and track actual progress vs plan.
- Must possess a degree in Civil Engineering
- Must have a minimum experience of at least 2 years, with proper knowledge in Drafting and drawings both preparation and interpretation
- Must be a team leader, ready to tackle or be in charge of a large team
- Should be ready to work in remote areas as required.
Start Date: Immediately. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
To Apply for this position then please follow this link to submit your CV: