Kenya Episcopal Conference: Project Admin & Compliance Officer, Senior Program and Clinical Services Officer Jobs in Kisumu 2013
The Kenya Episcopal Conference wishes to announce the following vacant positions in our Kenya AIDS Response Program (KARP) whose operations will be mainly in Nyanza, Western and Rift Valley.
Both positions will be based in Kisumu.
Cross-Cutting Required Skills/qualities
These skills are necessary for all the team members due to the nature of team approach and operations:
- Suitable computer skills in Microsoft Word, power point and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, and ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to facillitate learning experience using innovative training methodologies and mentor other other clinical staff.
- Have excellent facilitation skills with emphasis on adult learning techniques
- Competent practitioners in their areas of specialization
- Participate in the development of the continuation application documentation and breaking down of specific roles for direct reports.
- Prepare monthly activity schedules as per the annual work plan
- Must be mature, respectful and a person of attested integrity/high stewardship of resources
- Is a committed Christian
- Is able to serve people of all types of temperament.
Project Admin & Compliance Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring donor regulations as well as organizational policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments (e.g., Project management, Technical Assistance team etc.) to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- In collaboration with the project management team, Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/ implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Works with the Human Resources office and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program.
- Follow up with the KARP- Local Partner Treatment Facilities (LPTFs) on compliance issues and prepare requisite reports
- In charge of maintaining the office’s efficiency by organizing logistics,Assets management and overseeing other clerical staff members.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Knowledge of donor practices and USG accounting for grants and/or cooperative agreements essential (USAID/CDC)
- Bachelors degree in Business related field from a recognized University.
- Diploma in Project management or MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a USG funded program.
Senior Program and Clinical Services Officer
The Program Officer will plan and perform day-to-day implementation of HIV and care and treatment services at KARP supported treatment facilities
- Facilitate ,planning and implementation of HIV care and treatment services and activities at our supported Local Partner Treatment Facilities (LPTFs)
- Provide on-going supervision of HIV care and treatment programs at our Local Partner Treatment Facilities (LPTFs)
- Co-ordinate mentorship of facility staff
- Provide mentorship to facility staff in grants management and preparation of monthly finance and programmatic reports
- Preparation and review of sites budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation
- A qualified and licensed Clinician /Registered Nurse
- Post graduate qualification in public health/project management will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience in program planning and management
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programming
- Experience in managing USG funded grants
- Clinical experience in HIV management
- Strong supervisory and management skills
For more details, please visit our website: www.catholicchurch.or.ke (jobs and careers)
Send your application letter and detailed CV only indicating telephone number and the names of 3 referees to:
The Secretary General
Kenya Episcopal Conference
Kenya Episcopal Conference
Deadline: Wednesday, 13th February 2013
Our Recruitment Procedures shall be followed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted